IEA — Galemont Equestrian Team
Galemont Equestrian Team is a member of the Interscholastic Equestrian Association. Our team blends instruction and fun while competing in numerous IEA shows locally, regionally and nationally. It has been a rewarding experience for all the team members; enhancing both their riding skills and horsemanship knowledge. We look forward to expanding our team and hope you will join us. Remember, you don't need to have a horse to join - you just need to sign up and take a weekly lesson and attend team practices. Please see the information below for a brief description of the IEA. For more information on Galemont Equestrian Team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brenda at (315)345-2189.
The IEA Program is offered from beginner to advanced riders from 4th to 12th grade, either home schooled or from a private or public school. The program gives the students opportunities to further their education in equine sports or other realted equine matters. When IEA was founded in 2002, it modeled its program after the IHSA college format. It gives riders at all levels an inexpensive showing opportunity, accessible national level goals and scholarship opportunities. Our team strives in teaching our student's leadership and to expand their horsemanship skills.
The Objectives for IEA are:
- To promote the equestrian as an athlete;
- To provide students with organized competitive opportunities;
- To introduce new riders to equine sports;
- To promote the IEA among middle and secondary schools;
- To provide students with opportunities for further education in equine sports and other equine related matters;
- To encourage liaison with other equestrian groups;
- To provide information concerning the creation and development of school associated mounted and non-mounted equestrian programs;
- To establish and enforce IEA rules, standards and policies;
- To evolve with the continuing progress of equestrian sports;
- To generally promote the common interests of safe riding instruction and competition and education on matters related to the horse industry and all segments thereof.
For additional information, visit the IEA website at www.rideiea.org.